Been so lazy with cooking lately, but that did not stop me from eating. I believe you can still manage a tasty meal without too much elaborate cooking during lazy times. But, but, but, before I give you today's real simple recipes (plural because am giving 2), you are to read my Welcome Note, for those of you who are new to my blog and for those who are cheating on the blog's condition.
Recipe Number 1.
Am not so sure you can call that a recipe because it's a sandwich. It is in fact an Iraqi type of sandwich that we call "abiad wi bedh". The sandwich basically consists of :
- Iraqi samoon - the closet equivalent to Samoon is Italian Ciabatta bread. If you can't find Ciabatta use French baguette
- hard boiled eggs
- boiled potatoes
- watercress or chopped fresh parsley (if you can't find watercress)
- the special extra which is ESSENTIAL - Spicy or mild mango pickles which we call in Iraq "Amba". Can be found in any Indian or large surface supermarket.
Slice boiled eggs, potatoes add the watercress and the mango pickles (I like the spicy type) place in a HOT Ciabatta or Baguette and eat...it's delicious and filling.
This one is slightly more elaborate, but still qualifies as a lazy recipe.
For 2 persons you will need :
- 4 to 5 eggs
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1 red pepper bell cut in small pieces
- a large handful of chopped fresh parsley - if you are too lazy to chop parsley use dried mixed herbs, but fresh parsley is much nicer.
- a good pinch of sweet paprika
- 1/2 small tsp of ground cumin
- 1/2 small tsp of turmeric.
- 1tbs of vegetable oil.
- Arabic/ Lebanese bread or pitta - must be HOT
Heat oil in a large frying pan, add the chopped spring onion, pepper bell, parsley, plus spices and salt, stir fry for 3 minutes on medium fire.
Add your eggs and scramble them until cooked.
Slice the arabic/pitta bread down the middle (the bread should be hot), place your scrambled egg mix inside the bread to which you will add your mango pickles.