Please read my welcome note first, if you are new to this blog.
If you're into different, you will love this very tasty and easy to make soup. If you're not into Carrots or Ginger, then obviously this is not for you.
So let's get started.
For two you will need
- 4 medium size carrots, peeled, washed, and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium size potato, peeled, washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- FRESH ginger half size of your thumb., peeled and grated.
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- the Juice of two medium size oranges. It must be FRESH orange juice
- about 2 cups of water
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- fresh cream ( I use half fat) if you are a die-hard vegetarian use Soy cream
- 4 branches of cilantro, leaves only washed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large saucepan, mix carrots, potato, onion, ginger and cover with water in which you would have diluted your vegetable cube.
- Add HALF of the orange juice and the cinnamon . Stir well.
- Let it boil a few minutes and then let it simmer on a medium heat, covered until all the vegetables are tender. You can add a little water so it does not dry out.
- once vegetables are cooked, put the whole thing in a blender ( I don't have a blender so I use an electrical hand blender)
- once everything is well blended put again on LOW heat, to keep it hot - adding the rest of the orange juice, and stir well.
-add pepper and salt to your liking.
Serve it hot, by topping it with some fresh cream and minced cilantro leaves