March 26, 2010

Indigestion

Please read Welcome Note first

Nothing makes me more nervous than news from Iraq, and American reactions to it...I am not sure really what is worse, the Iraqi circus or the endemic, genetic, structural, constitutional ignorance of the Americans -- I think it's the latter that is worse...

Anyways it literally makes my stomach churn...my tummy aches, I can't eat, I feel like an elephant has lodged itself on my diaphragm, I feel fire shooting out of my gut as in acidity and I tried all kind of over the counter stuff, none of it works with me...but this old medicinal plant recipe does.

It's powerful, instantaneous and magical...

For 3-4 cups of herbal tea you need the following

1 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon of anis seeds
2 good size zests of orange peel/skin - like strips

add boiling water and let it boil for about 3 -4 mn.

Strain and drink at least 2 cups, use white sugar to sweeten, white sugar helps ease stomach colic.

If you feel sleepy afterward, that's normal...and much welcomed...

To enhance effect you can add 1 tsp of chamomile.

Of course if you can find all the above in teabags format then use teabags,  I prefer the real thing myself...except for American ignorance and Iraqi clowns.